Below is a list of the current career opportunities at Saticoy Lemon
Job Title: Plant Maintenance Manager
Reports to: Operations Manager
Shift: Must be available to work when needed
Location: All Packing locations
State Status: Salary /Exempt
This position will oversee all facilities, equipment, and maintenance personnel of the association to ensure the overall goals, processes and procedures of the company are achieved. This position not only involves working on equipment, but also managing the maintenance department at all the facilities. Included in your responsibilities is broad range of facility and operating functions such as project management, environmental and regulatory compliance, and capital project development. Also included is the maintenance and repair of machinery and fixtures at all facilities along with all structures and buildings. THIS POSITION WILL REQUIRE ASSISTANCE ON THE FLOORS AS NECESSARY TO ENSURE A SMOOTH, PRODUCTIVE AND EFFICIENT FLOW OF PRODUCT DURING OPERATIONS IN ALL DEPARTMENTS. Maintenance will be done in preventative and repair formats as well as new equipment installations or modifications. You will be asked to perform your duties in compliance with company rules including but not limited to rules regarding; Lock Out/Tag Out, Confined Space, Chemical Handling, Tool Usage, PPE, Hot Works Program, etc.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- You will be responsible for the participation and implementation of an adequate Safety Program(s) for maintenance personnel and assist in the development of training materials to ensure proper training that meets current safety standards. Identify, develop, and execute capital and/or plant improvement projects.
- Work closely with outside engineering / support throughout all phases of a projects’ lifecycle.
- Perform compliance reporting, or work with compliance personnel to manage related activities.
- Review / ensure / or develop and adhere to company maintenance goals and procedures.
- Ensure preventative maintenance schedules are maintained.
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with company safety policies, company HACCP, and food safety rules.
- Establish and train maintenance personnel in Job Hazard Analysis practices.
- Record Keeping of maintenance performance and training.
- Facilitate plant safety training and meetings, ensuring plant maintenance staff meets company training requirements.
- Develop and maintain budget plan for capital improvement projects.
- Oversee or support the testing of machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Install equipment to improve the energy or operational efficiency.
- Train, manage and discipline maintenance personnel or subcontractors when applicable.
- Align, balance, and otherwise ensure new equipment operates properly and efficiently after installation.
- Estimate costs to repair machinery, equipment, or building structures.
KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have working knowledge of local, state, and federal regulatory compliance standards.
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of industrial power supplies, electrical work, and PLC programming basics. Strong electrical / electrician skills are a must.
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including drawing or CAD applications and programming.
- Knowledge of R-22 and R-410A freon type refrigeration systems.
- Knowledge of basic relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Knowledge of basic business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of basic principles of a “customer and personal services approach” to department management.
- Knowledge of basic principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Knowledge of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, and basic composition skills to communicate with outside vendors, customers, and management staff.
- Knowledge of the Spanish language including the meaning and spelling of words, and basic bilingual skills to communicate with workforce personnel.
- Knowledge of basic math skills (arithmetic, algebra, geometry) and their applications.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Active listening — giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking — talking to others to convey information effectively, especially during safety training.
- Reading Comprehension —Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing effectively as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Instructing – teaching others how to do something.
- Bi-lingual Preferred.
- High level of proficiency in assessing and directing work.
- Critical Thinking — using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Management of Personnel Resources — Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Coordination — adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Management of Material Resources — Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Management of Financial Resources — Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Systems Analysis — Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Systems Evaluation — Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- High School diploma required.
- Four-year degree preferred or experience in other relevant discipline or field acceptable.
- Electrical / Electrician certifications a plus
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with known disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move/adjust up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with known disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimal time in cold working environment (approximately 40 degrees F)
- Standard office work and skills required.
FOOD SAFETY AND SECURITY RESPONSIBILITY
- All persons within the company have responsibilities to ensure that threats to the safety and security of our final product are minimized. Responsibilities for this position include:
- Understanding and training in HACCP and Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs] are required. Relevant training will be provided.
- Understanding basic concepts of food borne illness.
- Willingness to be trained in Food Safety programs required by state, federal or company guidelines related to the Food Safety Modernization Act.
For interest in our employment opportunities, please email Human Resources at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call (805) 654-6528
Please attach a resume to your email.
Fill In Application and Submit